This is question 23 on the paper FAFSA.
This question cannot be left blank.
Select No if:
- You have never had a conviction for possessing or selling illegal drugs
- The conviction was not a state or federal offense
- The conviction occurred before you were 18 years of age and you were not tried as an adult
- The conviction was removed from your record
- The offense that led to your conviction did not occur during a period of enrollment for which you were receiving federal student aid (grants, loans, or work-study)
If you select Yes, you may still be eligible for federal student aid. Additional questions will display to help you determine your eligibility. Past convictions do not automatically make you ineligible for student aid.
Even if you are not eligible for federal student aid, complete and submit your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) because you may be eligible for state or school financial aid.
For more information about drug-related convictions, call the Federal Student
Aid Information Center